The General’s wine cellar is a symbolic place for the effort of the Merzari family for the promotion of the territory. Dating back to 1100, when it was part of a small convent of friars, it was then called so in honour of General De Winckels who lived here. Today it is a real and proper wine cellar, cured attentively and passionately by Massimo, who has selected a proposal of wines from over 150 producers coming from all over Italy but also from other parts of the world.
From these wineries, there are more than 30 which make up the ample and studied selection of Valpolicella and Amarone , wines which have always been very dear to Massimo and his family, who want to make the General’s wine cellar into a a Home of Valpolicella, where those with a passion for or not can acquire a closeness to the culture of these wines, a priceless patrimony of the territory.
In the General’s wine cellar the wines ( available also for purchase in the Wine Shop) are not only selected, served and explained with care, but are also combined with the specialities of the territory, created from raw materials by local suppliers and by artisan preparation.
The General’s wine cellar is a real bistro, dedicated to the discovery of the riches of the Valpolicella lands.